Frisco ISD teams have been putting up big offensive numbers this year both running and throwing the ball. This week we take a look at the quarterbacks who are among the statistical leaders in the Dallas area.
According to statistics provided by the Dallas Morning News’ SportsDayHS.com, eight FISD quarterbacks are in the top 20 in yardage this season among 5A schools in the Dallas area.
And despite throwing the ball a lot, they haven't turned the ball over a lot. The quarterbacks have combined for 103 touchdown passes with only 21 interceptions.
The quarterbacks and their ranking in yardage among Dallas-area QBs in Class 5A:
2. Braylon Braxton, Independence (1,696 yards)
4. Garret Rangel, Lone Star (1,631)
8. Drew Martin, Lebanon Trail (1,247)
12. Caree’ Creen, Frisco (1,000)
14. Easton Swetnam, Heritage (965)
15. Jalen Kitna, Reedy (963)
16. Charlie Flowers, Memorial (939)
20. Peyton Lewis, Wakeland (866)
This week's football notes, including schedules and standings: